[BRLTTY] brltty not identifying usb devices - Drivers

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 14:58:22 EDT 2013

I made a fresh set up and it is identifying the device in the log. I see
the following message in the log like the Driver is suspended after
failing to  opening the file. ( But the specified files are there).

The Key files are there in  brltty\etc\brltty
the exe is in  brltty\bin

brltty.exe: USB: ept=82 dir=in xfr=blk pkt=64 ivl=0ms
brltty.exe: USB: ept=01 dir=out xfr=blk pkt=64 ivl=0ms
brltty.exe: USB Language: 409
brltty.exe: USB: Manufacturer Name: Freedom Scientific
brltty.exe: USB: Product Description: Focus 3
brltty.exe: USB: Serial Number: 0123456
brltty.exe: Event -> 00000184
brltty.exe: socket 1 created (fd 00000178)
brltty.exe: socket creation finished: 1
brltty.exe: Detected Focus 14: cells=14, firmware=5.61
brltty.exe: Manufacturer: FREEDOM SCIENTIFIC
brltty.exe: Model: Focus 14
brltty.exe: Firmware: 5.61
brltty.exe: Braille Display Dimensions: 1 row, 14 columns
brltty.exe: regions: text=0.14 status=0.0
brltty.exe: shifts: full=14 half=7 vertical=5
brltty.exe: Key Bindings: focus_small
brltty.exe: cannot open file: /etc/brltty/brl-fs-focus_small.ktb: No such
file or directory
brltty.exe: cannot open key table: /etc/brltty/brl-fs-focus_small.ktb
brltty.exe: cannot open file: /etc/brltty/brl-fs-focus_small.txt: No such
file or directory
brltty.exe: cannot open help file: /etc/brltty/brl-fs-focus_small.txt
brltty.exe: api link
brltty.exe: Braille Driver: fs [FreedomScientific]
brltty.exe: FreedomScientific Braille Driver:
brltty.exe: Braille Device: usb:
brltty.exe: Old Preferences File: /etc/brltty-fs.prefs
brltty.exe: regions: text=0.14 status=0.0
brltty.exe: shifts: full=14 half=7 vertical=5
brltty.exe: setting braille firmness: 2
brltty.exe: beeper enabled
brltty.exe: program exit event added: tunes
brltty.exe: tone: msec=60 note=64
brltty.exe: tone: msec=100 note=69
brltty.exe: api unlink
brltty.exe: beeper disabled
brltty.exe: api link
brltty.exe: program exit event added: speech-driver
brltty.exe: no autodetectable speech drivers
brltty.exe: checking for speech driver: no
brltty.exe: initializing speech driver: no
brltty.exe: Speech Driver: no [NoSpeech]
brltty.exe: NoSpeech Speech Driver:
brltty.exe: Speech Input: none
brltty.exe: program exit event added: sessions
brltty.exe: suspending braille driver
brltty.exe: braille driver suspended
brltty.exe: driver suspended
brltty.exe: CreateFile -> 00000170
brltty.exe: socket 0 re-established (fd 00000170, was 00000160)
brltty.exe: BrlAPI connection fd=00000160 accepted: \\.\pipe\BrlAPI0
brltty.exe: Received GetDriverName request on fd 00000160
brltty.exe: Received GetDisplaySize request on fd 00000160
brltty.exe: Received EnterRawMode request on fd 00000160
brltty.exe: USB: testing: vendor=0F4E product=0114
[...]
brltty.exe: driver resumed
brltty.exe: driver suspended
brltty.exe: Closing connection on fd 00000160
brltty.exe: Client on fd 00000160 did not give up raw mode properly
brltty.exe: Trying to reset braille terminal
brltty.exe: Reset failed. Restarting braille driver
brltty.exe: api unlink
brltty.exe: beeper enabled
brltty.exe: tone: msec=60 note=64
brltty.exe: tone: msec=60 note=57
brltty.exe: reinitializing braille driver

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Siju Samuel <sijusamueltech at gmail.com>wrote:

> In addition , when I do configure always I am getting a message as well.
>  I ignored that.
> $ ./configure --with-braille-driver=fs,-all
> ./prologue.sh: line 20: basename: command not found
> checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
>

> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Siju Samuel <sijusamueltech at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I was checking out the code in Linux and performing  the autogen (step
>> 1,2) .  Then zip and  get to windows/Mingw and  then perform (3, to 5).
>>  This is because I was unable to get the autogen working in mingw quickly.
>> So i hope that is not an issue.
>>
>> I think the braille exe running is the one expected. Probably will add
>> some debug and see.
>>
>> *And irrespective of the device is connected or not I am getting the
>> exact same error. *So it looks like it is built with a code which tries
>> load the dll.
>>
>> I will try to  do the entire set up in another machine and will get back
>> on this.
>> Thank you very much for your time and resolutions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Siju samuel
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
>>
>>> [quoted lines by Siju Samuel on 2013/10/04 at 09:11 -0500]

>>> I just reverified what I believe your situation is. Notee that I'm using
>>> "xx"
>>> to mean the braille drivere of your choice.
>>>
>>> 1) Check out the latest code.
>>> 2) ./autogen
>>> 3) ./configure --with-braille-driver=xx,-all
>>> 4) make