[BRLTTY] qemu and braille output

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Oct 23 06:45:29 EDT 2013

Elias Oltmanns, le Wed 23 Oct 2013 09:55:21 +0200, a écrit :
> Well, it is possible to choose BRLTTY as the braille terminal now, alas,
> I still get no output on the hardware. BRLTTY itself (inside the VM) has
> been configured to talk to a Baum device via USB.

Does BRLTTY itself manage to produce output?  Did you let it use auto as
protocol, or did you specify another protocol?  Could you run the debug
batch file so we logs about what is happening?

> Also, I have tried the brltty-win-4.5-1 as well as the
> brltty-win-4.5-1-libusb-1.0 package with no apparent difference. Would
> I have a reason to choose one rather than the other?

I have tested both on my windows XP with the qemu-emulated driver, it
just works in both cases. For other Windows version, I don't know,
cf what I said earlier on the list:

“
I have to say I don't remember. libusb-win32 is supposed to be the
older, maintained-but-not-developped-any-more version, while libusb-1.0
is supposed to have better support. I don't know more, you would have to
see the libusb-win32/libusb-1.0 websites, I can't afford the time to do
it myself.
”

Samuel