[BRLTTY] Contracted English braille error and patch: Eagle

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 23 11:05:25 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

First of all, I cannot explain why I thought there were so many fixes needed
for words containing "house", but Dave caught and fixed the errors in my
report. As always thanks, Dave.

Now: When does a word become a word? Even unabridged dictionaries (see
dictionary.com) don't have "eaglenose", but in a book recently I saw a man
described as "eaglenose". This shouldn't use the en sign so the attached
patch fixes it.

But this breaks "eagled", which is a golfing term that means to shoot two
under par. So this too now has to be fixed to include the ed.

Have fun,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll