[BRLTTY] Mapping a braille display input character to a computer-keyboard/browser character.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 26 18:36:39 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Siju Samuel on 2013/09/26 at 12:06 -0500]

>Yes.  It is the  XWindow driver simulator.   I am pressing DOT1 and
>DOT2 separately in sequence using mouse. Do there have any option to
>press simultaneously.

That may not be possible. I'm not able to use that driver so I can't test it.

>And in actual device how is it done.

On a real device you just press all the dot keys together. One who types in
braille is used to using several fingers at once. A sighted user who types
with, say, just his two thumbs (as is commonly done on a mobile phone) might
find this difficult to understand.

>And is it possible do to in the simulator.

I'm sure it could be made to work, but I don't think it can be done right now.

>Another related question , we are going to get Freedom Scienific Focus 14
>for initial development.  In the README ( for FreedomScientific Driver ,
>did not see Focus 14). So is it compatible with brltty.

The Focus 14 works very well with brltty.