[BRLTTY] Mapping a braille display input character to a computer-keyboard/browser character.

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 18:57:49 EDT 2013

Hi Dave,

>>On a real device you just press all the dot keys together. One who types
in
>>braille is used to using several fingers at once. A sighted user who types
>>with, say, just his two thumbs (as is commonly done on a mobile phone)
might
>>find this difficult to understand.

This is an important information I  missed to  infer so far. ( though I was
looking at braille and related  technical material occasionally for the
last couple of months; but with out an actual device).   Thank you very
much.

So just to confirm,  in my scenario of entering the text "ab" on a braille
device,

a is dot-1
b is dot 1-2

For letter "b", the brltty's   ONE  readKey()  will get the unicode (or
brltty code) corresponding to dot-1-2  in an actual device (just one read) .
 Unlike the way i initially understood as it require two readKey() for the
letter "b".

Thanks,
Siju Samuel