[BRLTTY] question about Jaws support

Velegi István ivelegi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 19:13:56 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Thank you for your answers.

I have an idea to solve this problem. I know it's quite complicated but
it may
work.

First, I would emulate a serial port for which jaws could send the data
of a known braille display which has signed jaws driver, e.g. Braille
lite or powerbraille.
Then I would make a program which receives the information from the port
and emulates a known display for Jaws.
Finally I would implement an algorithm to make it possible to
communicate with brltty.

For this, the powerbraille would be the best, because it has parallel
support on Jaws, and it has the widest range of functions which a
braille display can have in general: navigating buttons, cursor routing
keys.

In Jaws, only a known braille display (mentioned above) would be
necessary to be added.

What do you think about this?

Greetings,
Istvan