[BRLTTY] BRLTTY with keytable enabled sometimes locks keys

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Sat Aug 2 07:32:27 EDT 2014

Hello,

"It looks like resolving this problem may turn out to be somewhat tricky. I'
saying this because brltty is indeed sending the shift key release event to
the
Linux kernel, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. In spite of the
fact
that the shift key release event has been sent to it, Linux still "thinks"
that
the shift key is pressed."

Which shift key release event is being sent? Left, right, or both?  I just
played around with this on my keyboard, and it appears that if I have two
keyboards plugged in, pressing down the left shift key on both keyboards and
then releasing on of them will result in a non-locked shift.  If I, however,
press down the left shift key on one keyboard, and the right shift key on
the other, and I release one of them, the computer still acts as if the
shift key is pressed.

Tim

"
"