[BRLTTY] More questions to help me make a Slint installer blind friendly.

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun Dec 7 13:13:50 EST 2014

On 06/12/2014 21:54, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2014/12/06 at 18:47 +0100]
>
>> Additional question: In rc.S1 the udev daemon is started, then usb
>> modules are loaded. In case the braille terminal be cnnected to an USB
>> slot, doesn't that require that the brltty daemon be started _after_
>> that has been done?
>
> It's only a soft requirement. If brltty is started before the device exists
> then it retries every five seconds or so until it gets the device.

Just to be sure I understand: does that mean that the startup messages
will be displayed on the braille terminal as soon as brltty gets the
device? Then I could start brltty through /etc/inittab, and in rc.S1,
in case brltty is found in the command line, do a "sleep 5" just
after the udev daemon has been started, to make sure the terminal
displays all following output.