[BRLTTY] More questions to help me make a Slint installer blind friendly.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 7 14:26:19 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2014/12/07 at 19:13 +0100]

>Just to be sure I understand: does that mean that the startup messages
>will be displayed on the braille terminal as soon as brltty gets the
>device?

Yes. Brltty looks at what's currently on the screen. Whatever is on the screen
when brltty gains access to the braille device will be immediately visible on
the braille device. If the user uses shift + page up/down to scroll the screen,
that'll work, too.

>Then I could start brltty through /etc/inittab, and in rc.S1, in case brltty
>is found in the command line, do a "sleep 5" just after the udev daemon has
>been started, to make sure the terminal displays all following output.

Yes, that should work, except that udev itself may need a bit of asynchronous
startup time. Perhaps the "udevadm settle" command would be useful for this
situation.