[BRLTTY] Use BRLTTY under Windows 7 with Virtual Braille device

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Dec 7 15:13:47 EST 2014

Hello,

D&J Renaldo, le Thu 27 Nov 2014 19:01:07 +0100, a écrit :
> > It should already be showing the xw window.
> No, as I said, BrlAPI shows nothing. It is running but looks idle.

Err, but did you disable the release-device option as we discussed
earlier?  That said, the xw window should be showing up as soon as NVDA
prints something.  But disabling the relase-device option should at
least let you read "No attachable console".

> > And once NVDA is started, the xw window should be showing NVDA's output
> (provided that NVDA is configured to emit its output to BRLTTY)
> When NVDA is started with BRLTTY connection (see log file attached), nothing
> is shown.
> Any idea of what's missing ?

Not really. I was hoping that somebody here would be used to NVDA, but I
guess people here are rather unixish and thus don't use NVDA.  Perhaps
you would have more chance on the nvda user lists?

Samuel