No subject

Thu Dec 25 21:32:58 EST 2014

in the access time to the information.
</pre>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">

</pre>
        <pre wrap="">Overall I miss the great picture on what is going on. There is no meta
document that discribes the difference between cursor and reading focus
movement and
this crucial difference is also not reflected in the terminology of the
config files.
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
But it's implicitly understood by blind users. </pre>
    Mh. My brother may not have this inbuild implicit insight you attest
    all blind users. :-)<br>
    Without my help he had never mastered the focus 14 brltty
    keybindings.<br>
    He is very intelligent - has an absolute memory -- he never forget
    anything - and learns at a speed of light.<br>
    But without knowing the names of the buttons all the documentation
    of the keybindings is useless.<br>
    It was not possible even for his genius to fiddle it out by try and
    fail.
      type="cite">
        <pre wrap="">You may find a graphical documentation of the BRLTTY Key-Bindings to the
physical keys on the FS Focus 14 here:

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://inqbus-hosting.de/volker/focus_14_doku.odg/at_download/file">https://inqbus-hosting.de/volker/focus_14_doku.odg/at_download/file</a>
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
Including this sort of thing for just one model wouldn't, in and of itself, be
all that useful. It might be extremely useful, however, were we to have such a
picture for each and every model (or, for at least most of them). I'm
wondering, therefore, if you might have the time to put together just such a
collection.</pre>
    I would be honored to craft this graphical documentation for the
    community.<br>
    Since I do not have physical access to all the many braille device
    brltty support, I will need some help from the community.<br>
    Here is my plan:<br>
    1) I will get me an overview of the different devices and their key
    naming schemes.<br>
    2) These I will compare with the brltty keynames in the
    documentation and look for differences.<br>
    3) The differences I then will publish for the community to give me
    hints to correct or complete.<br>
    4) I will produce documentation of the devices and name all the
    buttons, levers, rockers according to the brltty notation. I will
    produce these graphics <br>
        in a way that visual impaired people like my mother (10% sight)
    can read it at their reading device easily.<br>
    5) A judge will review the documentation and will report to the
    community.<br>
    6) The reviewed documentation will then be published<br>
    For all this we need <br>
    * a judge<br>
    * a medium for collaboration. What medium do blind use to work
    effectively together on a single document?<br>
        We non blind use etherpad for this task but this is using
    javascript and does not works with console browsers like links2.<br>
        What do you recommend?<br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">

It also highlights an interesting "problem". I myself - and, in fact, most of
us - am unable to even check it out in order to aprove it for web site
inclusion. You see, most of us (myself included) are fully blind.</pre>
    Recently I have asked Klaus/Adriane Knopper for assistance. I think
    they may be a good judge for the quality of my work. <br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">

</pre>
        <pre wrap="">Tell me how to contribute more ..
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
We'd welcome whatever you may be able to contribute. As mentioned above,
perhaps you could put together a collection of braille device pictures for us
that would assist sighted users.

On the issue of key layouts: Some of our key tables already do contain verbal
descriptions of them. Check out the *.ktb and *.kti files within the
Tables/Input/*/ subdirectories of the source tree for lines which begin with
the keyword "note". After installation, these files end up in the /etc/brltty/
directory. Since verbal descriptions are useful to both blind and sighted
users, completing these descriptions is something that definitely must be done.

</pre>
    I have checked them out. One Idea my wife has was to give every key
    binding some optional tags. <br>
    Together with sorting and tagging the list of keybindings can be
    structured easily and very personally.<br>
    Best Regards<br>
    Dr Volker Jaenisch<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
   inqbus  it-consulting       Dr.  Volker Jaenisch
   Richard-Strauß-Str. 1       +49(08861) 690 474 0
   86956   Schongau-West       <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.inqbus.de">http://www.inqbus.de</a>

</pre>