[BRLTTY] Let's improve documentation for the non blind

Henk Abma henk.abma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 09:06:07 EST 2014

Dave Mielke schreef op 29-12-2014 om 04:42:
> [quoted lines by Dr. Volker Jaenisch on 2014/12/29 at 00:55 +0100]
>
>> *There is no wheel at this device at all*. There are two rockers
>> (Up/down) together with a pushbutton (Press) left and right at the top
>> that have take over the function of the former wheel of older versions.
> This is something that I didn't know, and that no one has ever brought to my
> attention before now. We do have focus 14 users, but I guess they either don't
> need to refer to the bindings documentation much or they've just been making
> that transformation intuitively and didn't think they should bother us about
> it.
The same is true for the new Focus 40 and 80. The wheels have been
abandoned and replaced by rockers and push-buttons. So there are now 3
focus-40 devices: the original one, with wheels, the classic blue
(wheels as well) and the new one, with those rockers, there are 2
Focus-80 devices (one with wheels and the blue with rockers) and there
is one Focus 14, with rockers. I think Freedom calls them Nav rockers.

Because I knew the key bindings for the old devices, I never thought
about mentioning the key changes, though for new users I can imagine it
is hard to figure out where to find the wheels... ;-)

Kind regards,

Henk Abma.