[BRLTTY] BRLTTY with keytable enabled sometimes locks keys

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 13 20:56:00 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2014/07/13 at 14:49 -0400]

>On that laptop I don't use keyboard keymaps because normal key presses
>will get into auto-repeat mode occasionally even if I don't hold them
>down. This manifests itself as some repeated characters when typing
>which is very annoying.  I suppose this is due to the key release event
>not forwarded back quickly enough in those cases e.g. before the
>auto-repeat delay managed by the kernel expires.

Please retest this with the latest code. There was a bit of unfinished business
related to speecdh support. Even though the speech driver runs in its own
thread now, so that speech synthesis no longer introduces any delay, the eSpeak
driver (and, for all we know, others as well) still takes a significant amount
of time doing what it calls enqueuing the speech synthesis request (probably
due to locks). The latest code removes this delay.