[BRLTTY] BRLTTY with keytable enabled sometimes locks keys

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jul 14 16:46:22 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2014/07/13 at 12:20 +0200]

>Is there no difference between retrieving keyboard key presses from the kernel
>and receiving device key presses?

There is, of course, a difference in the way the key events are received, but
they then go through the common key table code.

>Maybe it's a bug elsewhere?

Yes, I'm considering this possibility.

>The only thing I can confirm for sure is that it worked until key-tables were
>introduced; before that I worked with speech and braille keys to navigate and
>this problem didn't occur.

Could you please try the latest code? i've made a further change to remove
delays that speech drivers could introduce. This should improve interactive
responsiveness, which should improve the reliability of key event handling.

>Would it be enough to turn auto-speak off or should I disable the eSpeak driver
>in general?

First, try the latest code with speech. To answer your question, though, the
bdest way would be to specify -sno - so no speech driver at all.