[BRLTTY] Braille display model recommendation

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Jul 18 16:36:15 EDT 2014

Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon at videotron.ca> writes:

> What's the Alva comfort? Is that any good? Does BRLTTY support it?

I just recently tested a Comfort with BRLTTY and can positively confirm
that it works.  I have not used it for very long to give you a useful
impression, I have to say though that I miss the smartpad keys (they
dropped them all from the comfort).

Regarding your general yquestion, it's hard to give any useful input
since the choice of a braille display is, to me, a very personal habit
thing.
If I could throw in one suggestion, I'd suggest looking at a HumanWare Brailliant
BI40.
I am using a Brailliant B80 as a desktop display since about a year,
and am *very happy* with the response time of these piezzo modules.
I think I have never worked with a display that fast.
It features a braille keyboard, but if I am not mistaken you can
optionally place a real keyboard just across these keys if you dont use them
and want to bridge the physical gap.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕