[BRLTTY] BRLTTY with keytable enabled sometimes locks keys

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 12:03:12 EDT 2014

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke schrieb am 30.07.2014, 15:14 -0400:
>Did you get my request that you try a patch to see if it resolves your "locked
>keyboard when restarting brltty" problem? In case you didn't, I've attached the
>patch (as keyboard-1.patch) to this message as well.
Yes, I was short on time and thought we could resolve the problem with the
preferences menu first. My problem is that I need specific settings to use
BRLTTY effectively, which are configured via the preferences menu. But I saw
that the preferences file now resides under /var/lib/ and that I can symlink it
to my build.

>Assuming that this patch actually does resolve that problem, it's still
>possible that your keyboard will lock the first time you restart brltty. This
>is because I think the problem is actually related to killing the current
>brltty, and, for the first restart, the kill will still be on the older,
>unpatched brltty.
Ok, maybe I should start the new BRLTTY in the first place, I'll have a look.
When applying the git patch at the latest source, I get:

% git apply keyboard-1.patch
error: patch failed: Programs/keyboard.c:21
error: Programs/keyboard.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: Programs/keyboard_internal.h:19
error: Programs/keyboard_internal.h: patch does not apply

Do I need to pick a specific commit?

Thanks
Sebastian

--