[BRLTTY] BRLTTY with keytable enabled sometimes locks keys

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jul 31 14:00:53 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2014/07/31 at 18:03 +0200]

>Yes, I was short on time and thought we could resolve the problem with the
>preferences menu first.

Well ... I don't do things in that kind of order. If I think of a potential fix
to any outstanding problem then I do that first.

>My problem is that I need specific settings to use BRLTTY effectively, which
>are configured via the preferences menu. But I saw that the preferences file
>now resides under /var/lib/ and that I can symlink it to my build.

You can also use the -F (uppercase) option or the preferences-file brltty.conf
directive.

>Ok, maybe I should start the new BRLTTY in the first place, I'll have a look.
>When applying the git patch at the latest source, I get:
>
>% git apply keyboard-1.patch
>error: patch failed: Programs/keyboard.c:21
>error: Programs/keyboard.c: patch does not apply
>error: patch failed: Programs/keyboard_internal.h:19
>error: Programs/keyboard_internal.h: patch does not apply

That's because I finally decided to commit the patch - somewhat modified -
already. Please just upgrade to the very latest code and test.