[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and NVDA / windows question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jun 5 12:51:31 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Rylan Vroom on 2014/06/04 at 05:16 -0400]

>I recently inherreted a TSI navigator 80 and have been happily
>using it with NVDA on windows 7 64 bit by menes of a working prolithic
>USB to serial dongle, and BRLTTY 4.51 working in conjunction with
>NVDA. Everything works great from a display point of view, but none of
>the buttons on the navigator respond. The only thing I'm able to do is
>pan braille left and right, but arrow key emulation doesn't work,
>cursor routing, etc. The TSI driver documentation says it should, and
>it gives key assignments, but its as if BRLTTY is strictly acting as a
>conduit for NVDA and not allowing any input from the display itself to
>pass. Does anyone know how I might fix this such that the buttons on
>my navigator will work as BRLTTY's driver intended them to?

That would require enhancing NVDA's interpretation of the keys. One thing you
could do is take up the issue with the NVDA people. If you're a software
person, you might try doing it yourself, and then submitting your work to the
NVDA people for inclusion.