[BRLTTY] Compiling in windows : Cython Not Found

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jun 12 16:46:16 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Siju Samuel on 2014/06/12 at 15:39 -0500]

>1. In Linux
>the following gives
>

>siju at sijulab:~/BRLTTYLAB/BRLTTY/brlttyjundev11/brltty$ make -C Programs
>revision_identifier.h
>make: Entering directory
>`/home/siju/BRLTTYLAB/BRLTTY/brlttyjundev11/brltty/Programs'
>make: *** No rule to make target `revision_identifier.h'.  Stop.
>make: Leaving directory
>`/home/siju/BRLTTYLAB/BRLTTY/brlttyjundev11/brltty/Programs'

Okay, that won't work because the configure needs to be done first, and that
needs to be done on Windows. I've just made a further update to getrevid,
though, which should help you. If it can't figure out the revision then it
defaults it to "unknown". Please update and try again.

>$ autogen
>/usr/bin/env: tclsh: No such file or directory
>
>so now it looks like need to do all the steps in
>http://wiki.tcl.tk/14828   or do there have an easy way .

I'm sure MinGW has a package for Tcl. You should just need to install it.

If you have Cygwin, which definitely has a Tcl package, then another approach
would be to do the autogen in Cygwin.