[BRLTTY] Compiling in windows : Cython Not Found

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jun 16 13:18:26 EDT 2014

Siju Samuel, le Mon 16 Jun 2014 11:41:24 -0500, a écrit :
>  i was trying to run my application to use brlapi (c -verison) ; but rest of
> the applications in the system to use NVDA.  The brlttly i compiled and working
> is a 4.5+ dev version.   Now if NVDA to work (nvda uses brltty driver),  i
> thought it should have the corresponding brlpi.pyd.

No, the protocol between the brlapi library and the brltty server hasn't
changed at all, so one can upgrade brltty without upgrading brlapi in
nvda.

> To identify USB  I had to compile the brtlly source code with corresponding
> usb.h headers as in Windows.README.  But do there have any command line flag
> to use win32-usb if I go with  pre-compiled versions as you suggested. And any
> other steps needed ?

I'm not sure what you mean by win32-usb, there are precompiled packages
with libusb-win32 support (brltty-win-4.5-1.*) and precompiled packages
with libusb-1.0 support (brltty-win-4.5-1-libusb-1.0.*).

Samuel