[BRLTTY] Compiling in windows : Cython Not Found

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Jun 17 18:40:53 EDT 2014

Hello,

Siju Samuel, le Mon 16 Jun 2014 13:16:21 -0500, a écrit :
> When I used NVDA along with brltty, it was not able to get any input from the
> refresh braillle display.

IIRC you already discussed the issue with Dave: it's a problem of NVDA
not interpreting key events from BRLTTY.

> I just want to confirm the following is oK.
> In  the installed NVDA location  (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA)  I see,
>
> brlapi.pyd and brlapi-0.5.dll
>
> In the brltty I am running and using in my app has brlapi-0.6 .dll.

It is completely fine to have different versions of brlapi, that's not a
problem.

> >>I'm not sure what you mean by win32-usb, there are precompiled packages
> >>with libusb-win32 support (brltty-win-4.5-1.*) and precompiled packages
>
> I am using libusb-win32 and  the device plus is configured to use this.
> Do I need  to install as a filter if it requires if NVDA need to use
> Manuacture's device driver.?

If NVDA needs the manufacturer's device driver, then you must not make
the device use the libusb-win32 driver, and instead use the filter.

Samuel