[BRLTTY] My BRAILLEX EL 40 P C-Rev. 3.06 does not work by USB

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jun 29 07:30:48 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Boris on 2014/06/29 at 10:55 +0200]

>Please find attached the two versions.

The only new USB device after connecting your Papenmeier display is a PL2303
USB to serial adapter. This means that either that's what your cable is or that
your Papenmeier display contains one internally. I've never run into a
Papenmeier display which uses an internal PL2303.

So, if you don't mind endulging my doubts, I'm now interested in two things.
the first is to see your devices file with the cable just connected to your PC
(but not to your Papenmeier). The second is as detailed a description as
possible of the connector at the device end of the cable.