[BRLTTY] Handy Tech displays on Win 7

Bram Duvigneau bram at bramd.nl
Sat Mar 1 13:48:28 EST 2014

Hi all,

I just installed Brltty on a Windows 7 64 bits machine and am trying to
connect a Handy Tech Modular Evolution 88. I'm experiencing the same
symptoms as described in this thread [0]. The concrete error message is:

"Detected unknown HandyTech model with ID E3."

Later in this thread it is suggested to change the USB-serial adapter,
which with this display is not an option because it's built-in. I tried
connecting through the virtual serial port that the FTDI drivers
provided me (e.g. serial:com3) and through libusb after installing the
right driver with usb:, both give me the same error. I also tried the
-bauto and explicit -bht switches, but all give the same result.

Any thoughts?

Bram
[0]: https://www.mail-archive.com/brltty@mielke.cc/msg07795.html