[BRLTTY] focus display hangs with brltty 5.0

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Mar 1 14:56:40 EST 2014

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Mario Lang schrieb am 01.03.2014, 17:52 +0100:
>>Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> with the latest source from the git repository, as well as the stable release of
>>> BRLTTY, my focus display stops working after a time (from 10 - 60 seconds).
>>> When speech is enabled, I notice that BRLTTY is still up and running, but the
>>> display stopped working. It can be re-enabled by pressing a key on the display.
>>> For debugging, I have created a log file using "-l 7 -n -e", it is attached.
>>> Could you please have a look into that?
>>
>>Please use "-L output.log" instead of redirecting to a file, since that
>>will add timestampts to the log entries, which are rather important to
>>diagnose such timing related problems.
> Thanks, the new log is attached.
> My first impression was that the display stops working after I have waited for a
> few seconds, but this log should show the opposite. When I pressed FWINLT, the
> display had just stopped working. The key press brought it back.

The offending warning seems to be

2014-03-01 at 19:29:34.911 Missing ACK; assuming NAK.

But the rest of the log entries does not point at why this would have
happend.

Can you retry with "-l 7,ingio,inpkts,outpkts,async,usb" ?

I am assuming you are using USB.  If you use bluetooth, replace "usb",
with "bluetooth".

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕