[BRLTTY] New configuration file directives.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Mar 2 12:28:23 EST 2014

For those who wish they could have fancier configuration files (brltty.conf), a
few new directives have been added. Note that they're only available in the
development stream so far. They are:

   include <file>
   assign <variable> <value>
   ifVar <variable> [<statement>]
   ifNotVar <variable> [<statement>]
   ifSet <directive> [<statement>]
   ifNotSet <directive> [<statement>]
   else
   endIf

In the above, items enclosed within <angle brackets> aren't literal (you need
to supply their values), and items enclosed within [square brackets] are
optional.

For now, rather than writing detailed documentation, I'm hoping that the
following examples will suffice. They're three of my own files. If anything is
unclear, do ask.

brltty-vo.conf (for testing a Voyager display):
   assign brailleDriver vo
   braille-device usb:

   include brltty-all.conf

brltty-bp.conf (for testing an older Braille Pen device):
   assign brailleDriver vo
   braille-device bluetooth:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

   preferences-file bp.prefs
   include brltty-all.conf

brltty-all.conf (included by all higher level configuration files):
   ifVar brailleDriver
     braille-driver \{brailleDriver}
     ifNotSet preferences-file preferences-file \{brailleDriver}.prefs
   endIf

   ifVar apiSession
     no-api off
     api-parameters host=:\{apiSession}