[BRLTTY] Contracted English braille error and patch: Parthenon

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Mar 5 00:21:34 EST 2014

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> Your patch applied just fine. It just needed -p1 instead of -p0. It's a subtle
> difference between git and svn that I hadn't noticed until now that you pointed
> it out.

I always use git format-patch to create patches from Git. Note also that git
apply and git am can be used to apply patches.

I think you can work much more easily and effectively by using Git itself
instead of running diff and patch on top of it. For example, you can create
your own local branch, commit the changes and use git format-patch to generate
patches that can be mailed out.