[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Henk Abma henk.abma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:10:43 EST 2014

Hello Dave,

I would have liked to post some logs, however the actions of brltty are
not fully predictable, at least not to me, so here are the speps I took:

1. tunr on fthe F40-new.
2. unlock phone (brltty started correctly)
3. Goto brltty->settings->manage devices->remove device, so I could
recreate it and log the connection.
4. When the device was removed, BRLTTY kept displaying info on the
display, something I didn't expect.
5. turn brltty off on is main screen.
6. recreate the device and try to make it the default (brltty stopped
messages started to appear)
7. Several useless attempts in which brltty always stopped.
8. Completely reboot the phone. (brltty no longer stopped, however there
was no braille either)
9. Remove all devices from the bluetooth screen and pair the F40-new again.
10. No luck, so reboot the phone again.
11. brltty started giving me (cannot connect to 'focus 40 bt' messages
with pairing requests from the display.
12. Turn brltty off and entered the 0000 code again.
13. Turn brltty on and it instantly started doing what it should do...

So: I am happy brltty is working again as expected. Currently the
F40-new is autodetected, so that issue has resolved itself as well.

All the above was on the Nexus 5. I will try a cold reboot of the Nexus
4 this evening.

With kind regards,

Henk.