[BRLTTY] cursor position issue about "en-us-g1.ctb" table

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 6 14:49:20 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Dongyu on 2014/03/06 at 11:19 -0600]

>I found a cursor position issue when using "en-us-g1.ctb" table.
>
>there are 3 examples:
>apple
>Apple
>APPle
>
>the outbuf and outlen of them are different when using lou_translate.
>but, if I assign cursor position equal to 5, after lou_translate, the
>cursor position is still 5 for all of them. As I think, the cursor position
>for the 3 examples should be 5, 6 and 9, right?
>Because if assigning the cursor position as 4, after lou_translate, the
>positions of 3 example are 4, 5 and 8.
>
>I found this issue only happened when the cursor position is the end of
>input buffer. How to solve this issue, changing the table?

No, it's not a table issue. The problem is that the cursor is out of range when
not actually on an input character. With it being out of range, there's no
logical place to put it. Perhaps, when this happens, the cursor should be
disabled. Is there really a need to support the placement of an out of range
cursor?