[BRLTTY] focus display hangs with brltty 5.0

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 15:45:59 EDT 2014

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke schrieb am 10.03.2014, 12:30 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2014/03/10 at 16:00 +0100]
>>I have tried my very best, but unfortunately the error _seems_ not to occurre
>>that frequently when typing. It happens faster when slowly scrolling, e.g.
>>through a file.
>
>Do you mean when using the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard?
Yes, I've meant the keyboard keys.

>>>Could you also please send me yet one more log. The log I'd like to see is from
>>>brltty-4.5 with -ldebug,inpkts,outpkts.
>>
>>I have done so.
>
>What I was looking for is if 4.5 was also logging missing acknowledgements. It
>turns out that it is, which means that this could be a problem within your
>braille device itself. So now, of course, you have a question. Why, if 4.5 is
>also logging missing acknowledgements, is it working when 5.0 isn't.
Ok. I forgot to mention — sorry for that — that the display has the bad manner
that the braille keys stop working after some time (10 - 20 minutes). I always
thought it might have to do with the cable, but replacing didn't help either,
only re-pluging. I hope the problem can be handled without destroying the nice
new architecture.

Thanks for your detective work!
Sebastian
--