[BRLTTY] focus display hangs with brltty 5.0

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Mar 10 15:59:46 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2014/03/10 at 20:45 +0100]

>I forgot to mention — sorry for that — that the display has the bad manner
>that the braille keys stop working after some time (10 - 20 minutes). I always
>thought it might have to do with the cable, but replacing didn't help either,
>only re-pluging.

That could be a further sign of problematic firmware within the device.

>I hope the problem can be handled without destroying the nice new
>architecture.

I'm sure it can. That's what they (don't) pay us for. :-)

I've already coded what I hope is the fix. I just want to test it on a known
good Focus first before I ask you to try it out. If you'd like to give it a try
anyway, then build from our fs-5.0 branch.