[BRLTTY] Contracted English Braille error and patch: Perin

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 22:30:02 EST 2014

Dave wrote:

>Before considering this to be the final approach, please add into the mix
>the
>following three words: perineum, perinea, perineal.

Looking through my Web-Braille books I find examples of the first and third
of these. They do not use the in sign.

>It may also be worth considering that it's valid English to use a name as a
>verb, as in "he's been Perined".

Really? In the Nero Wolfe mysteries Wolfe has a fit when something is used
as a verb that isn't one. I don't know if using a name as a verb is one of
the cases he would object to. You could add Perined as another exception if
you wish; I think it'd be less confusing if you do it so there aren't
multiple versions of the patch from me. I'll keep it in mind should we come
up against another name that has to be special-cased like this. Thanks.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll