[BRLTTY] Contracted English Braille error and patch: Perin

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Nov 10 22:46:49 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2014/11/10 at 22:30 -0500]

>Looking through my Web-Braille books I find examples of the first and
>third of these. They do not use the in sign.

Thanks. I'll verify that this is how it works before committing the patch.

>>It may also be worth considering that it's valid English to use a name as a
>>verb, as in "he's been Perined".
>
>Really? In the Nero Wolfe mysteries Wolfe has a fit when something is
>used as a verb that isn't one.

Sure. It's casual speech. When something about what a person does is a very
prominent attribute of his character or behaviour then one often casually uses
his name as a verb for that action.

>You could add Perined as another exception if you wish; I think it'd be less
>confusing if you do it so there aren't multiple versions of the patch from me.

Sure, I'll do it.