[BRLTTY] Use BRLTTY under Windows 7 with Virtual Braille device

D&J Renaldo renaldo at club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 24 02:24:31 EST 2014

Hello,

I want to interface Infty products (like Chatty Infty) to Braille devices to
increase their accessibility.

I have heard of BRLTTY and tried to use it on a Windows 7 PC.

I have selected "brltty-win-5.2-1-libusb.exe" and loaded it.

As I want to test a potential interface I tried to select "Virtual - vr" as
Braille device with "COM1" port.

The BrlAPI service is running but nothing is visible on my screen.

Is there any checklist to know all the parameters I need to make it working
?

How the "brltty.conf" file is taken into account by Brl API ?

I tried to change it with the "Configure BRLTTY" tool but it seems to be
limited to change Braille device only.

If you can provide me some help on the way to use BRLTTY  with Virtual
Braille device on Windows 7, It will be great!

With best regards,

Denis Renaldo