[BRLTTY] Use BRLTTY under Windows 7 with Virtual Braille device

D&J Renaldo renaldo at club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 24 12:24:23 EST 2014

Dear Dave,
I understand your answer. It's also where I arrived after multiple tries.
Now, I am using xw driver but it doesn't show anything.
I only saw something when using BRLTTY in the debug mode and run it as
administrator but it's not manageable.
It seems that the Brl API has not the rights to work properly but I don't
know how to provide those rights.
This is a change due to Windows 7 where you cannot access to C:/Program
Files without "admin" rights.
I am working as a volunteer for a non-profit French Association trying to
give access to scientific documents to Visually Impaired students. We have
selected Infty products and adapted French tables. Chatty Infty (CI) is now
providing a very good  speech to all mix of text and mathematical formulas.
But it is still necessary to have a Braille follow-up.
That why I have no Braille device and I thought using BRLTTY which can
interface plenty of those devices.
But I thought that the xw driver could emulate those devices and give me
enough flexibility to test BRLTTY-CI interface.
If you have any idea of what to do to obtain the xw under Windows 7.
With best regards
Denis