[BRLTTY] Newbie questions to help me make a Slint installer blind friendly.

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Nov 30 19:32:29 EST 2014

Didier Spaier, le Thu 20 Nov 2014 19:02:44 +0100, a écrit :
> Anyone knows an alternative to fbterm, or volunteer to take over its
> maintainance or fork it?

In Debian we use bterm.

The currently fashioned project is systemd-consoled.  I don't know
whether it'll be more maintained on the long run.

> probably wrongly wrote in my answer to Dave as the keyboard driver
> outputs keycodes, not scancodes?

It outputs keycodes, indeed, but as Dave said, brltty emits either
scancodes, keycodes, or plain text depending on the various situation
(kind of keyboard, and console status).  It's not something you need to
care about anyway, it works completely fine in the text console (X is
another matter).

Samuel