[BRLTTY] Delay problem with latest code

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Oct 11 17:30:08 EDT 2014

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> I checked out a revision from Jun 30th - I just selected a point
> soemwhat randomly. With this revisin, I never get the problem where
> nothing happens when I press a braille display key. There is some slow
> reactions when navigating, however. Anyway, this revision I can use
> with my Braille Star.

Hmm, thats a good start.  So now you know a GOOD revision, and a BAD
revision.  Now, go and read "man git-bisect", don't be afraid, it is
actually not complicated.  git bisect is a binary search mechanism for a
revision control system.  Given a GOOD and BAD revision, it will
checkout a revision between them, and let you perform a test such that
you can tell it if this revision is good or bad.  If you repeat this
step a few times (not often), the binary search will narrow down to the
actual change which introduced the problem.

> I don't know if this helps when it comes to finding the problem. I
> should be able to do more testing if necessary.

It helps to know that apparently, it is really a software problem.  We
should narrow it down and fix it.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'