[BRLTTY] Braillex el80c stopping to respond to input

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Oct 16 11:45:56 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Peter Lundblad on 2014/10/16 at 15:04 +0200]

>I am running 5.2 (BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-762-g6a3b1ec8) with a brand
>new Papenmeier Braillex el80c. After some amount of time (from a few
>minutes to hours), brltty stops responding to input from the display.

I'm assuming you mean that when you do something like move the bar, the display
doesn't move. We need to know if it's the input that isn't working or if it's
the display updating that isn't working. A good test would be to try the
command for speaking the current line. On the EL80C, it's bound to
RightKeyRear+BarRight1. First, try it when everything is working just to be
sure that this command itself is working.

>Unplugging the display doesn't play the disconnect sound and I have to restart
>the deamon after plugging the display in again for it to be detected.
>Output works fine, however (until I disconnect and reconnect the display).

Are you saying that output no longer works after the device is reconnected?

>Dave, any specific log flags that would be helpful to debug this issue?

Log Level: Debug
Log Categories: Input Packets, Braille Keys, Update Events, Bluetooth Events