[BRLTTY] Braillex el80c stopping to respond to input

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 17 07:36:10 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Peter Lundblad on 2014/10/16 at 15:04 +0200]

>I am running 5.2 (BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-762-g6a3b1ec8) with a brand
>new Papenmeier Braillex el80c. After some amount of time (from a few
>minutes to hours), brltty stops responding to input from the display.

In addition to what I said yesterday: If it turns out that it really is the
input (rather than the updates) which stops working, the thing to look for is a
missing key release event. In other words, the most likely probability is that
brltty thinks that one of the key is staying down, thus interfering with the
actual currently pressed key combination.

>Unplugging the display doesn't play the disconnect sound and I have to restart
>the deamon after plugging the display in again for it to be detected.

I guess this means that you're using USB (rather than Bluetooth). If so, please
enable the USB Events log category (rather than Bluetooth Events).