[BRLTTY] PacMate 40 on a Windows 7

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 17:28:35 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have tried out to get a PacMate 40 working on Windows 7. I have to admit that
it is a long time ago that I used Windows, so forgive me some ignorance :).
The setup asked me whether to install two libraries. I cannot recall the two
names, but from what I recall, the first was not relevant for me on Windows 7
and the second one was for the case where I don't have a USB driver for the
braille display. Since I don't have any drivers, I chose to install the second
library. However, When inserting the USB cable, I get notified that the device
hasn't been properly recognized and BRLTTY is not able to recognize the display
either.

Is there a chance to get the PacMate 40 working without native drivers? What
would be the procedure?

Thanks!
Sebastian
--