[BRLTTY] Slow reaction after pressing a bdisplay key (was: Re: Next release.)

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Thu Sep 4 10:51:34 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:32:49AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2014/01/14 at 16:11 +0100]
>
> >The only difference I can see between the development code and the 4.5, is
> >that it takes a litle bit more time from you press a navigation key on the
> >braille display, until something happens on the display. Not at all a serious
> >issue.
>
> But still interesting. It actually ought to be faster.

Currently, I'm using BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-284-g08c6e86aM.

If nobody else see this issue, it might have something to do with my
braille display or computer hardware? I use a Handy Tech Modular 88
display.

The display reacts fast if I navigate with the normal arrow keys. But
with the navigation keys, it is somewhat slow.

This became noticable after moving from version 4.5.

Thanks and regards,

Lars