[BRLTTY] Slow reaction after pressing a bdisplay key

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Sep 12 22:36:09 EDT 2014

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:32:49AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
>> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2014/01/14 at 16:11 +0100]
>>
>> >The only difference I can see between the development code and the 4.5, is
>> >that it takes a litle bit more time from you press a navigation key on the
>> >braille display, until something happens on the display. Not at all a serious
>> >issue.
>>
>> But still interesting. It actually ought to be faster.
>
> Currently, I'm using BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-284-g08c6e86aM.

Dave, how do I search for these revision indicators in git log?
It looks like "g08c6e86a" doesn't appear anywhere.

Lars: I used to see occassionally ignored navigation key presses.  In
other words, I would press a triple-action key, but the braille on my
display would not change.  Pressing it again usually cleared up the
problem.

I am now running with the absolutely latest code, and have not seen any
problem sofar.

> If nobody else see this issue, it might have something to do with my
> braille display or computer hardware? I use a Handy Tech Modular 88
> display.

How old is your build of BRLTTY, actually.

> The display reacts fast if I navigate with the normal arrow keys. But
> with the navigation keys, it is somewhat slow.

Most navigation keys only act upon release, but I guess you know that?

> This became noticable after moving from version 4.5.

As said, I have seen keypress problems with this particular device
during development of 5.X as well.  Please make sure you run the latest
code, so that we can give this issue a closer look before the release.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'