[BRLTTY] Slow reaction after pressing a bdisplay key

Elias Oltmanns eo at nebensachen.de
Sat Sep 13 04:44:13 EDT 2014

(2014-09-13 04:36 CEST) Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> wrote:
> Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:
>> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:32:49AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
>>> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2014/01/14 at 16:11 +0100]

>>> But still interesting. It actually ought to be faster.
>>
>> Currently, I'm using BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-284-g08c6e86aM.
>
> Dave, how do I search for these revision indicators in git log?
> It looks like "g08c6e86a" doesn't appear anywhere.
>
> Lars: I used to see occassionally ignored navigation key presses.  In
> other words, I would press a triple-action key, but the braille on my
> display would not change.  Pressing it again usually cleared up the
> problem.

Moreover, I have experienced complete freezes with brltty 5.0-2ubuntu2
on Handytech devices (ancient Modular 40 and Braille Star 40). Suddenly,
the contents displayed on the braille terminal wouldn't update, no
matter what keys I press on the regular keyboard of the computer, until
I press (I think) an arbitrary key on the braille terminal, definitely
navigation keys or the „jump to cursor“ key. I'm not sure though,
whether this is really related to the issue discussed here.

Regards,

Elias