[BRLTTY] Slow reaction after pressing a bdisplay key

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Sun Sep 14 07:33:08 EDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 04:36:09AM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
> Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:32:49AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> >> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2014/01/14 at 16:11 +0100]

> >> But still interesting. It actually ought to be faster.
> >
> > Currently, I'm using BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-284-g08c6e86aM.

[...]

> Lars: I used to see occassionally ignored navigation key presses.  In
> other words, I would press a triple-action key, but the braille on my
> display would not change.  Pressing it again usually cleared up the
> problem.

Yes, that happens to me as well, some times. Also, after beeing in config
mode with the display, the navigation keys doesn't work as expected,
and a reboot of BRLTTY is required. BTW my display does never go into
sleep mode (energy saving mode). That is certainly another bet.

> I am now running with the absolutely latest code, and have not seen any
> problem sofar.

I also run the latest code now. It reports: BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-673-g3f52a279M

Hope that's right.

[...]

> > The display reacts fast if I navigate with the normal arrow keys. But
> > with the navigation keys, it is somewhat slow.
>
> Most navigation keys only act upon release, but I guess you know that?

Sure.

> > This became noticable after moving from version 4.5.
>
> As said, I have seen keypress problems with this particular device
> during development of 5.X as well.  Please make sure you run the latest
> code, so that we can give this issue a closer look before the release.

Good. Thank you.

Lars