[BRLTTY] screen patched

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Mon Sep 15 18:36:22 EDT 2014

On Sep 15, 2014, at 1:27 PM, mattias <mjonsson1986 at gmail.com> wrote:

still brltty: no screen
I'm not quite sure how to advise you since I don't know exactly what you did in this process.

First of all, did brltty go through the make install with no errors?
Have you checked to see if there really is a /opt/local/bin/screen-4.0.3 so that you know yu did the install of the screen-patched file that was sent to you?
Did you do a symlink for screen-4.0.3 and did you first make sure there wasn't a screen program in that place that had to be renamed first so it wouldn't be started instead?

ln -s /opt/local/bin/screen-4.0.3 /opt/local/bin/screen

Use sudo if not doing this as root.
When you started screen, did it come up as 4.0.3 and give you a bash-3.2 or something like that as its prompt?
since your make submission posted with a pound sign, are you running all of this as root or your normal user? I run as my normal user and I think that's what most people do with screen and brltty?

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: