[BRLTTY] Android BRLTTY problem

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Feb 17 12:08:31 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Andrew Jelly on 2015/02/17 at 14:07 +0100]

>I used "auto-detect driver selection".
>Ok, after selecting the "Voyager" driver it worked better.

For a reason that I can't recall, the Voyager driver isn't in the list of
drivers that's checked for during autodetection when using Bluetooth. The most
likely reason is that adding it to that list wasn't able to be tested.

>Although, I did not find the "Home" and "Back" default Android keys :)

As you may know from the documentation, function keys are used for these
actions. F1 is used for Home, and F2 is used for Back. The way F1-F12 has been
done for the BP is to use Space+Shift+letter, where letter is A-L. So, for
example, since Home is F1, it'd be Space+Sh9ift+Dot1.

>Exact name in my case:
>EL12-00:A0:96:16:81:A3

I've added this to brltty's Bluetooth name table, and pointed it to trying both
the Alva and Voyager drivers. brltyt-latest.apk has now been updated to the
latest code, which includes this change.

>But, it must be known that I have access to Android's source code and
>I can insert a debug print wherever I need.
>This will not work for all users :(

Including myself. :-(