[BRLTTY] BRLTTY NOT SAVING THE SETTINGS

craig martin ky0o at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 16:38:01 EST 2015

Hello, Listers,

When I try to save the preferences in BRLTTY 5.2, the system goes back to
the defaults at startup.  I am using Debian Seven with a focus forty blue.
The system provides beautiful Grade two U.S. braille until the next time the
system boots.

I have a suggestion for a hot key.

Can a grade two on/off keystroke be added?  My suggested hot key is dots
one, two, three, four with the spacebar.  This hot key would be different
than the six-dot and eight-dot keys.  They only add or subtract the dots
seven and eight.  The Grade Two toggle would come in when you read a book
that's been translated to Grade two from text, in which case you'd turn
contracted braille off.  When you finish reading the BRF file, say, you
could toggle Grade two translation back on.

Thank you all for your courteous consideration of this matter.

Craig Martin