[BRLTTY] Fwd: Re: restart of brltty not working correctly

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Jul 5 05:34:37 EDT 2015

Hello,

We got a report that when using systemd,

systemctl restart brltty

gets a freeze. Adding a delay is a poor solution of course, so it should
probably be investigated.

Samuel

----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de> -----

From: Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de>
To: debian-accessibility at lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: restart of brltty not working correctly
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:17:39 +0100

Hi Halim,

Halim Sahin schrieb am 30.06.2015, 14:23 +0200:
>When I try to
>systemctl restart brltty
>The shell freezes.
I get that rarely too and usually a press of a key brings BRLTTY back. Are you
using a keyboard table? In any case I think that systemd is restarting BRLTTY
too fast. A work-around is

    systemctl stop brltty;sleep 1;systemctl start brltty

Maybe that could be integrated into the systemd unit? Samuel, any ideas?

Cheers
Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de (English|Deutsch)  | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/blog