[BRLTTY] Braille Display Comparison

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:34:11 EDT 2015

I am in the market for a new desktop braille display. The desktop display I have  currently is getting very old and it cannot be serviced anymore, should it break. In addition, it is getting difficult to find boards that I can afford with serial ports. The ones I do find are older, refurbished models, or very high end server models which I do not need at this time. I realize that I can always use a USB to serial converter, but that is just one more wire to worry about and sometimes they do not work very well.
I am considering:
The Focus 40 Blue
The Braille Edge
or the Brailliant High 40
I am also open to other suggestions. What I want is something with a minimalist design. I already have a notetaker; I do not need a desktop unit which doubles as such. I am grateful for any ideas and suggestions.
Thank you all.