[BRLTTY] Braille Display Comparison

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Jul 26 10:29:46 EDT 2015

Rob <captinlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am considering:
> The Focus 40 Blue

I have access to one of these via my current employer. It works well with
every operating system that I've tried, which amounts to almost all of them at
this point. BRLTTY 5.2 supports it well.

> The Braille Edge

I haven't had any experience with it, so can't comment.
> or the Brailliant High 40

I think you mean Brailliant BI 40, which I have examined in a demonstration at
a technology exhibition. As I recall, some BRLTTY users have had difficulties
with it, but these may have been resolved as of the latest release. I am sure
there are others on the list who can comment further.

> I am also open to other suggestions.

If you anticipate owning multiple Bluetooth devices (e.g., a laptop and a
phone or a tablet), the Baum Vario Ultra should be considered. It allows you
to switch between several connected Bluetooth devices.