[BRLTTY] Braille Display Comparison

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:20:14 EDT 2015

Rasmussen, Lloyd <lras at loc.gov> wrote:
If you want modern features such as Bluetooth, it may be time to buy a new
display. But you shouldn't discount USB-to-serial converters. They can work
well, especially if they have an authentic FTDI chipset.
It's more than wanting modern features; although that does play a part in my
decision. It's the fact that replacement parts are not available for this
thing any more, and even just sending it in for an estimate on whether or
not they can fix it at all is going to cost 300 dollars, even if they can't
do anything. Eventually it is going to stop working, or the cells are going
to break down, no matter how much isopropyl I use on them.
So, it's time to upgrade and leave the 90s behind.